Sunday 29 April 2012

Oh Fuck!

I have just realised it's been more than a year since I have been here.. outrageous. This will have something to do with the fact that 2011 was shit. Daisy Dog had to be put to sleep in April after we discovered she had cancer. I wasn't happy with the Vet and the way they dealt with it but that's life, and death I s'pose.
It has really taken ages to get used to not having her about. Not that you ever get over the death of a friend.

So I thought 2012 would be better. How wrong I was. My dear old Dad passed away in April, confirming that I hate April and Death is horrible, at any age.
The only consolation as my granddaughter tells me about April is that is also her birthday, she was ten this year so that was the proverbial silver lining.
It was lovely to spend time with her the day after Dad's funeral, reminding you that life does indeed go on..she is a joy.
So hopefully we will be off camping and going to festies this year. It can only get better surely!

On a brighter note I went to see my friend Helen Reddington (aka McCookerybook) the author of the Lost Women of Rock amongst other things. She was doing a talk about the book at David's Book Shop in Letchworth. It was very interesting as she has interviewed lots of women for the book with some interesting stories. You must buy the book to find out. It is now available in a more affordable soft back edition and well worth the dosh.
David's shop is fascinating, he also sells second hand vinyl. Yes vinyl. They have a little coffee shop too and for Helen's night there were free home made cookies...mmmmm. I must pop back there in the day time to have a good nose around, I recommend you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment